HCPSS has completed the upgrade of its old phone system to a new phone system. This impacts the way staff at all HCPSS schools and offices call each other.
All internal extensions are now five digits instead of four to allow for additional phone lines.
You may continue to use ten-digit numbers to call HCPSS phone numbers.
Below are instructions for how to dial locations and staff across the district.
Central Office staff at the Board of Education, ARL, Mendenhall, Berger Road, Ridge Road, Gerwig Lane, and Old Cedar Lane -
- Dial “3” plus the last four digits of an individual’s or office’s ten digit number.
- Example: Dial 35555 or 410-313-5555
- To call Ascend One, dial the full ten-digit number 410-313-7017.
A school’s main number -
- Dial “8” plus the last four digits of the main number.
- Example: Dial 87081 or 410-313-7081 for the Homewood Center
School staff or offices with direct dial lines, including principals and health rooms (410-313-xxxx or 410-880-xxxx) -
- Dial the individual’s or office’s ten-digit number.
- If this is a number you call frequently, ask for the internal five-digit extension* and use that number to call them in the future.
*The ten-digit number is different from the internal five-digit extension.
School staff with internal extensions only* including classrooms, media centers, custodial offices, and other locations inside the building
*Each front office maintains the internal directory listing for their location.
- Dial the main number of the school to be transferred.
- If this is a number you call frequently, ask for the internal five-digit extension and use that number to call them in the future.
Information about this project can be found on the Technology Resources community in Canvas. If you have any questions or need help, contact Technology Support at email@example.com or (410) 313-7004 option 4.