Wed, 06/22/2022 - 10:21 AM
Earlier this year, all 12-month employees had the option to opt in to a four day work week program for the month of July. The information below is for those employees who are participating in the program as well as their supervisors.
- The program runs from Thursday, June 30-Wednesday, August 3.
- Staff participating will either work Tuesday-Friday or Monday-Thursday. Staff indicated preferences, but final decision for which four days they will work are made by supervisors.
- Staff who normally work a 7-hour day will work 8 hours and 45 minutes a day during the length of the program.
- That means a work day of either 9 hours and 15 minutes with a 30 minute duty free lunch or 9 hours and 45 minutes with a 60 minute duty free lunch.
- Staff who normally work an 8-hour day will work 10 hours a day during the length of the program.
- That means a work day of either 10 hours and 30 minutes with a 30 minute duty free lunch or 11 hours with a 60 minute duty free lunch.
- Staff who are unsure if they are 7- or 8-hour employees can reference this document from the Canvas/Workday Community (you must be logged into Canvas to access this link).
- Staff and supervisors must ensure that leave is entered correctly during the program. The following applies for any day off from June 30-August 3.
- If a 7-hour a day employee is taking a day off, they must enter 8.75 hours of leave into Workday.
- If an 8-hour a day employee is taking a day off, they must enter 10 hours of leave into Workday.
- Leave that has already been entered and was done so incorrectly needs to be fixed.
- Staff start and end times will be set along with supervisors. 7:00 a.m. is the earliest start time and 6:00 p.m. is the latest end time. Please note: these guidelines do not apply to staff whose regular beginning and end times fall outside those windows.
- Staff who are not working on Fridays will not work on 7/1, 7/8, 7/15, 7/22 and 7/29.
- Staff who are not working on Mondays would not work on 7/5 (this is a Tuesday as schools and offices are closed on 7/4), 7/11, 7/18, 7/25 and 8/1.